Seattle, WA
Poet, blogger, lawyer, educator, sista, sister, aunt, daughter, mentor, friend, dog owner, lover of music and all things gluten free... Writing about all of this and more.

Monday, August 8, 2011

A Throwback

Here's a throwbaaaaack. I think I wrote it about 4 years ago.

my brother
uttering mothering, almost smothering, words
sending my heart fluttering like butterflies tumbling down to absurd depths
then taking flight
racing, beating, tracing light
shaking, making, creating right
when wrong seemed all there could be
but starry nights and the heights of flying eagles remind me i'm still free
and fresh mountain air in my lungs remind me i can still breathe
though i may drown
cuz you be so way down deep in who i'm is
like from since back when we were two little ashy knee'd grinning kids
so much a part of me that you're like my heart to me
or maybe a twin soul, living whole and yet apart from me
but still connected...
please know i don't forget it
and it will not go neglected
that little yellow flower that you planted in my heart with your words

No comments:

Post a Comment