Seattle, WA
Poet, blogger, lawyer, educator, sista, sister, aunt, daughter, mentor, friend, dog owner, lover of music and all things gluten free... Writing about all of this and more.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Different Awesome Inspiring Stuff

I've had yet more loss in my life as well as some pretty big transitions and changes. While some of this (like my recent career switch) is inspiring beyond measure, much of it has left me feeling... well, a range of things, among which includes feeling bogged down in my writing practice. No bueno to that. So, when I find myself unable to draw on my own internal creativity I draw on others' for a little push. There are some seriously amazing thinkers and writers that I have the blessing to know, admire, and call "friend". Their work is helping me get back to my craft, and hopefully stay there.

Just in case anyone else out there is in need of a little inspiration, here's a short list of the awesomeness. I love these people and what they have to say. They're pretty much amazing. Yep:

I Dreamed A World blog by Kimberly Brown, youth advocate and Philosopher Queen.

Gabriel Teodros by Gabriel Teodros, teacher, amazing hip hop artist and social justice advocate.

Alligator Legs: Writing, Art, Life by Iquo Essien, beautiful African woman, writer, film maker, and dancer.

The Education Capital Project, a new, burgeoning hub of conversation about education and equity, founded by teacher, doctoral student, and food justice advocate Amber Banks.

Urban Cusp, an awesome new magazine highlighting progressive urban culture, faith, social change, and global awareness, by minister, poet, and teacher Rahiel Tesfamariam.

Simultaneous Duree by Professor, critical thinker, and connoisseur of vegetarian delicacies Matt Birkhold.

Go be inspired! That is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment