Seattle, WA
Poet, blogger, lawyer, educator, sista, sister, aunt, daughter, mentor, friend, dog owner, lover of music and all things gluten free... Writing about all of this and more.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Why I Write

I write because I have a story to tell and because my soul demands that I tell it in written form and through the spoken word. I write because it is who I am. I write because it is my therapy. I write because I want to share something lasting with others and with the world. I write so that I can make new friends long after I'm gone from this world. I write because I always have. I write because I always will. I write because it would make my Gram proud. I write because not doing so would be wrong. I write because the future me will want to know what the present me is thinking, just as the present me benefits tremendously from what the former me has to say. I write because it helps me remember. I write because it helps me forget. I write because it is what I love to do. I write because it is the way I pain, sing, and dance; it is the way I communicate soul, identity, pain, love, aspiration, inspiration, imagination, shame, delight, curiosity, anxiety, joy, and art. I write because it is my worship--it is my way of giving glory to my creator because it is fulfillment of His purpose for me. I write because that is what I must do in this life, if I want to do this life well.

No comments:

Post a Comment