Seattle, WA
Poet, blogger, lawyer, educator, sista, sister, aunt, daughter, mentor, friend, dog owner, lover of music and all things gluten free... Writing about all of this and more.

Monday, August 10, 2009

On Creativity

What is creativity?

It is communication with the soul, an experience that the whole can feel separately together. My creativity is best expressed, I think, through poetry. Whether it be a song or a word or a movement, creativity should speak to people.

If I were a poem, what would I say to your soul?

I’d say hold on.

I’d scream and point accusatorily, demanding explanation from you. Why haven’t we moved farther, why has it taken us so long to get here, so far from our end goal?

I would comfort you and encourage you and love you.

I would ask you questions that would make you blush, point out things about yourself that you hate, that you love, and that you’ve never examined.

I am just a person; one of many, trying to find my creativity and nestle up in a warm, soft corner of it just long enough to get my energy back, and then it’s back to work. But I can’t help but think, wouldn’t it be great if that were my work?

1 comment:

  1. been thinking some of the same questions. thanks for posing these ?

    ReplyDelete