Seattle, WA
Poet, blogger, lawyer, educator, sista, sister, aunt, daughter, mentor, friend, dog owner, lover of music and all things gluten free... Writing about all of this and more.

Monday, August 3, 2009

dark boy

aw, wow, this is a throw back from way way back. so, you know how this blog is called Girl Woman Soul? this poem definitely can be filed under "Girl". i was 16 when I wrote it.

dark boy with bright eyes and shining clean smile
low, rhythmic voice
sweet, tickling laugh
strong black shoulders and arms
your feet and hips move to the music
my body moves to your feet and hips
those arms encircle this waist
closer we stand, swaying
my eyelids close and my cheeks burn warm
your face nears mine
i hear your smile
as my eyelids brush the side of your jaw
soft warm lips share a secret with my mouth
only the night sky and the music know

No comments:

Post a Comment