Seattle, WA
Poet, blogger, lawyer, educator, sista, sister, aunt, daughter, mentor, friend, dog owner, lover of music and all things gluten free... Writing about all of this and more.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

cj

my brother uttering smothering almost mothering words
sending my heart fluttering like butterflies tumbling down to absurd
depths then taking flight
rooftop starry nights and the startling heights of flying eagles remind me i'm still free
and fresh mountain air in my lungs remind me i can still breathe
though i may drown
cuz you be way down deep in who i'm is
like from since back when we were little ashy knee'd grinning kids
so much a part of me that you're like my heart to me
or maybe a twin soul, living whole and apart from me
but still connected...
and don't you forget it

No comments:

Post a Comment